Best boats to sail around the world
Sailing around the world is regarded as one of the safest ways to travel, according to recent statistics. The only way for it to become a little bit worrisome is if you are not careful. That said, having a good boat to sail worldwide will also increase your chance of being safer and enjoying your trip better.
Therefore, sailing around the world boats do possess some optimal characteristics and features that make them better suited for such long voyages. These features would be durable hulls, lightweight structures, cutting edge technology as well as large volume and length to ensure comfort. Some of the most popular world cruising boat brands include:
The World Cruising Club has been featuring boats and comparing them throughout their rallies. Based on their choices, here is a list of the 8 most popular cruising boats to sail around the world:
- The Hylas 54 is commonly seen in the Caribbean. This is one of the most popular world cruisers due to its strong hull and ergonomic deck layout. In addition, it includes a raised saloon, a wide interior, and elegant finishes. Hylas 54 achieves a good balance between a chic design and good engineering.
- Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 54DS is an interesting and eye-catching boat. It was introduced to the marine world in 2003 and has been a sight for sore eyes ever since. This is a powerful and strong structure including a deep-draft keel and an in-mast furling mainsail. ts exterior seems quite futuristic and cannot go unnoticed.
- The Amel Super Maramu is a boat intended to be sailed by a couple. It features electric furling gears and high-tech sail handling systems. There are only 500 of this model made.
- Oyster 56 is a very popular boat for Britain. It is quite interesting as this boat is so small it can be operated by just two people, but it is durable and strong enough to cross oceans. In addition, despite its size, it is regarded as a very comfortable vessel. Most importantly, the Oyster 56 is quite fast and has won several rallies and done very well in regattas.
- The Hallberg-Rassy 42 is a Swedish boat designed by German naval architects. It features tough center-cockpits, an ingenious interior layout, great materials, impeccable building quality, and last but not least, luxurious finishes.
- Bavaria 42 is a mass-production boat that can easily be compared to luxurious yachts when it comes to crossing oceans. This is an affordable boat with a long waterline length and a couple of sleeping cabins. What distinguishes it from the rest is its straightforward interior and its high quality.
- The Amel 54 was introduced to the naval world in 2006. It is an utterly comfortable boat featuring a contemporary design, durable materials, and luxurious amenities.
- Beneteau 57 is an ingenious masterpiece that features a very fast hull with an interesting and attractive shape. The finishes inside the boat scream luxury, while the center-cockpit is quite flexible and practical.
The most common routes for the best boats to sail around the world include the Canary Islands to St Lucia, Virginia to Tortola, and Tortola to Portugal. You can catch a glimpse of these boats in those routes as part of the WCC rallies. Explore more boats and other interesting facts in TheBoatAPP blog.